Sunday, December 6, 2009

Old with the New

I have never been one to decorate everything for Christmas, but this year is different. This year has been a year of change and I have tapped into my inner Martha Stewart. :) I have always loved antiques and putting old with the new is just the way things should be. My table is an old teak farm table that I found at a local store. The buffet was bought for $40 at an antique shop. It was originally priced at $98 so this was a great buy. The Christmas tree is in an old lard bucket and is sitting atop a crate that I bought for $10 at a yard sale. In the center of the table I put a basket, bought for $4, and to fill the basket I put a colorful dish towel. Under the dish towel I put paper for fill. I then put some pinecombs and a few Christmas ornaments around a lovely flower that a friend gave to me. I think the overall effect is adorable. Just goes to show that the saying "One mans junk is another mans treasure" is so true.

0 comments:

 
Bama Girl's Ramblings. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino